Enrolling with HelloMedicare
We'll show you what you'll need and where to go to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan:
Shop Medicare plans
Talk to a licensed insurance agent
How to Enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan
Now that you know about the various Medicare parts and enrollment periods, it's time to think about what you'll need to enroll in a Medicare Advantage or Part D coverage plan.
Preparing to Enroll:
Before you start the enrollment process, take a moment to ensure you have all the following information and materials:
- Your Medicare card, which will have your Medicare Beneficiary Identification (MBI) number on it
- A list of your prescription drugs
- A list of any doctors or providers you want to ensure are in-network under your new coverage
Whether you're new to Medicare, looking to make a change or just want to know your options, HelloMedicare can help.
For answers to commonly asked questions about Medicare and enrollment, check out our Medicare 101 page.
We've got the various parts of Medicare and what their coverage entails outlined in our following resources:
- Medicare Coverage - for an overview of all parts
- Part A - for hospital insurance questions
- Part B - for medical insurance questions
- Part C - for what Medicare Advantage can provide
- Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) - for supplemental insurance questions
- Part D - for standalone prescription drug coverage questions
- When to Enroll - includes details on Medicare eligibility and enrollment periods.
We'll break down how to start searching for a plan that best suits your needs in some quick, easy-to-follow steps.
- View and compare specific plans and benefits by starting a new plan search
- Enter your zip code to view plans available in your area, then scroll down to review and compare plans.
As you compare plans, there are a few important things to keep in mind:
- Plans have different benefits and coverage: Compare plans against each other by marking the "compare" checkbox and clicking "compare plans" in the pop-up menu.
- Consider additional services: Medicare Advantage carriers and plans vary on dental, vision, hearing, and special services like pest control, service animals, and transportation benefits.
- Prescription drug coverage: Some Medicare Advantage plans may maximize your drug benefits at a similar cost. Check your specific prescriptions for coverage under each plan by clicking on the "Preferences" button at the top of the page and entering your specific drugs under the "Prescriptions" tab.
Just like the "shopping" section, we'll break down how to enroll in a plan that best suits your needs in quick, easy-to-follow steps.
- Select "Add to Cart" on a plan you want to enroll in.
- Review the plan's final details in the cart, and when you are ready, select "Continue to Enroll." You'll be routed to the specific carrier's enrollment form after providing a confirmation.
- Remember, each carrier's enrollment process is unique, so it's important to finish the enrollment form completely.
- Your enrollment form will not be submitted until you fill out all pages. The form is submitted when you select "Submit" at the bottom of the last page.
- Only click "Submit" after reviewing and confirming the information you entered.
- After submitting the online enrollment form, you will receive a confirmation email. This email should arrive within a few minutes of enrollment submission.
- Please note that the confirmation email does not validate your plan's coverage.
- Within ten days of submitting your enrollment form, you should receive a second email from the plan carrier you enrolled with.
- If any questions on your enrollment or additional information are needed, the carrier will contact you directly.
- That's it! With a few clicks, you've learned, compared, and enrolled in Medicare plan options supporting your lifestyle and budget. If you still have questions or need help at any step of the process, call us at . Our HelloMedicare™ licensed insurance agents are here to help make things easy and guide you to a plan that meets your needs.
Ready to view plans?
Enter your ZIP code to shop plans and enroll today.
Shop Medicare plans
There are four basic parts of Medicare: A, B, C and D. Find out how each part helps pay for certain health care services.
Medicare Costs Explained
From coinsurance and copays to premiums and more. Find out what key terms mean, and how Medicare Advantage costs are shared.
Make sure your coverage is seamless and avoid any possible late fees by enrolling or switching plans at the right time. We’ve got the info you need.